Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bus Trip to Edinburgh

So we just arrived in Edinburgh after an overnight bus ride from London, and since we can't check into our hotel until 2 we thought we would recount the events of our trip. First of all, for those of you who know me, I haven't taken a bus trip since the time I went to see my sister via Greyhound during a college break. That trip was enough to last me eight or nine years. This one was even better. We got to Victoria Coach Station early just in case (we got horribly lost the night before on the way to see Wicked and almost missed our show). Since we had plenty of time, I sat down to enjoy a classic episode of Sex and the City on my ipod, when I felt something hit my arm. At first I thought, someone is throwing things at me; then I found the culprit. I pigeon, was sitting on the column next to me, laughing. Fortunately, I was wearing Leon's jacket. ;) On the bus, I fell asleep, but halfway through the night, Leon woke up to a commotion. Apparently the man in front of him was slumped over, and after about an hour in this awkward position, people started to suspect that he had died from a heart attack. There was a debate raging about who would poke to poor man to determine if he was still alive. Fortunately for him he woke up just as quickly as he went to sleep, so he wasn't dead, he just had a bad case of narcolepsy. When we got to the bus station in Edinburgh, I decided to hit the toilets before hitting the town. As I have said in earlier e-mails, you have to pay to pee on this continent. I put my money in the turnstile, but while walking through my backpack got horrible tangled in the turnstiles and in trying to disentangle myself I fell flat on my face, on the floor of the loo. I hate bus trips.

3 comments:

PipeManMusic said...

Sorry you had a bad bus trip. Hope your have a good time other wise.

Jaryn and Mommy said...

hi aunt sara and leon. i miss you love jaryn (do you kno how long it takes an almost six year old to type a sentence?)

brbmake said...

I'm sorry, sara, but i am totally cracking up that you fell. :-) You know I have permission since we are cut from the same clumsy cloth. Love you!